How to install WordPress and other programs
It's pretty easy and we'll guide you through it here. Don't worry, you can do this!
Be sure to check out the WordPress getting started guide here: First Steps with WordPress
- Log into your services control panel. Instructions on how to do that are here: How do I manage my services?
- On the left hand menu, click "Install Scripts"
- Locate "WordPress" in the list and check the box to the left of it's name
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Show Install Options"
- Select the database you want to use (it will default to creating a new one, but you can choose any database you may have created)
- Choose if you want Wordpress installed at "top level" or a sub-directory. You probably want "top level" here. If you want to make sure or would like some further info, Here's some help deciding which of those makes sense: What's the difference between top level and sub-directory?
- Click on "Install Now" and follow the rest of the directions. That's it! Your website is now running WordPress!
Don't want WordPress?
No problem! Just select one of the other programs to install from the "Install Scripts" list and click "Show Install Options". Fill out the form on the following screen and click "Install Now". You can find an entire list of available apps here: Available Quick-Install Apps
As always, contact us if you need assistance!
Was this answer helpful?
Website and email backups are very important to have. We keep a backup of the entire server in...
Corpsite PortalYou can log into the Corpsite Portal to manage your account billing information,...
What's the difference between top level and sub-directory?When you install various applications...
Virtualmin/Linux Administrator user, FTP and main MySQL passwordYou can change the main control...
WordPress is a versatile and flexible system to use for your website. Unfortunately, one thing...